Thursday, December 6, 2007

week 8 # 19 / web based apps

I've found that Zoho Writer web based word processing application works just like MS Word does (in which I normally use.) I am able to import a picture, perform a spellcheck, even select an “emotion faces” from the toolbar. The biggest advantage from Zoho over MS Word is that you can save on the Internet rather than on your hard drive. In addition, this way lets you to work individual or collaborate on a project no matter when and where you are. Then you can share it or just keep it for yourself. Is it wonderful?

I certainly can see this web applications is a huge usefullness of documents and spreadsheets. Having documents available 24/7 online for you or others (your family, friends …) to look at or edit as needed could be very helpful and fastest way.

Zoho is a great tool. It was so easy to set up an account. By then it is ready for you to launch your next project. I do have alot of fun.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Yeah, Zoho seems cool. But its main advantage can become its bigges disadvantage. You can not work off-line :( and sometimes there are cases what you need to. That's why I still prefect to use MS Word and share my documents with my team on the web with the help of Wrike

Arvind said...

Glam: You can indeed work offline in Zoho Writer. Click on the 'Go Offline' link at the top and you can take your documents for viewing/editing offline. You can sync back when you get back on to the internet.

Arvind
http://zoho.com