Thursday, April 2, 2009

#56: To Tweet or Not To Tweet...Twitter

Accordingly to Wikipedia, Twitter is a Micro-blogging which is a form of multimedia blogging that allows users to send brief text updates or micro media such as photos or audio clips and publish them, either to be viewed by anyone or by a restricted group which can be chosen by the user.

And from Twitter:
Twitter: a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?

Twitter glossary has words like:
Twaiting: twittering while waiting
Tweeple: Twitter users
Twitterati: Glamorous A-List twitterers everyone wants to follow.
Twellow, Twitter Elite, Twitip …

You get the picture. It’s a new language,(at least to me.) Sound kind of cute, silly and fun. But I don’t see myself “Tweet” at all. I did not see any use for it. It’s just another way to communicate, socialize ... on-line from people who have so much free time and don’t know what else to do.

I looked at “celebrity tweet,” I wonder how much is really true. Some more search, here and there ... and I decide I will pass ... twitting.

No comments: