Tuesday, March 31, 2009

#52 Books, readers and beyond

1) Using Novelist Plus, I looked up the read-alike for Jan Austen. Its suggested as Joan Aiken, Georgette Heyer … then come to Fiction_L Booklist and What should I read next? Both sites recommended Darcy’s Story by Janet Aylmer, Mr Darcy’s Daughter by Elizabeth Aston ….

2) I used Mid-Continent Public Library's Juvenile Series and Sequels database stories, I found Socks by Beverly Cleary and Project Panda by Amanda Lumry for the girl in 4th grade. For the 13 year old boy’s ghost stories, I found Ghost Hunt Series by Shiho Inada and Haunting of Alaizabel Cray by Chris Wooding. I also found Hungry Ghosts by Ellen Steiber from the series of X-File .

3) For the customer who has read all of Koontz's books, using What Should I Read Next?, I would suggest Iris Johansen or F. Paul Wilson; using Novelist Plus, I found Greg Bear and John Saul also.

4) According to the What's Next website, this Tamora Pierce book is the first book in the Song of the Lioness series. The whole series is as follows:
Book 1 Alanna: the First Adventure
Book 2 In the Hand of the Goddess
Book 3 Woman who Rides like a Man
Book 4 Lioness Rampant.

No comments: