Tuesday, March 31, 2009

#53 Books, Readers, and Beyond

1) I looked online to find there are more bookstores than I thought in my area, Tomball. I choose three places where I was a regular visitor before I came to work at the library.
- Book land used book is on the way I go to work, with no web site available but it’s a neat and organized place.
- Book attic is close to where I live, which have a fun and colorful web site: http://www.thebookattic.org
- Copperfield’s book shop is next to my eye doctor’s office, with no web site available but it’s a great book store with a very warm, welcome atmosphere. Its owners are knowledgeable about books and can give very helful suggestions (if you're going to need one.)

2) The web site of Book Attic was taking too long to load. I gave it up after several tried. Lately I've bought quite a few "things" from Anmazon.com so I decided to look up The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. There it is in all forms:
- Hard cover from $19.77
- Paperback from $9.75
- Auto-delivered wirelessly from $9.75
- Audio Download from $20.97
- Audio CD from $30.36
Whew ....

3) I absolutely dislike an e-book. I might use it for a quick reference but no way I'm going to enjoy reading on screen, my eyes will get tired and give me a headache. I love to hold the book in my hand, specially an old book; it’s made me feel like holding a history. I just got to feel it.

No comments: