Monday, March 30, 2009

#54 Social networking thru books

1) I never join any book club before. Finding time to read books is a challenge already, much less finding time to be in a club. I have a circle of friends who sharing the love of books and once a while we exchange books. If I want to join a book club today, I prefer joining an online than an in-person one. With an on-line book club that I can visit in my own time.

2) I would like to see a daughters & mothers book club. I would want to know what's my daughter reading or discuss with other mothers & daughters any book about relationship between us.
ReadingGroupGuides make some suggestions I think it would appropriated for this kind of club as:
-Ten Things I Wish I'd Known Before I Went Out Into The Real World / Maria Shriver
-Things I want my daughter to know / Elizabeth Noble
-The Friday night knitting club / Kate Jackson (I like the title.)

3) I search for The Kite Runner/ Khaled Hosseini on Shelfari which gave the book a 4.5 star. Goodreads gave the book 4.3 star. I read some of the reviews with 5 star then 1 star, I found some I agree and much of disagree but overall I can give this book a 4 star and would recommend to friends and family.

No comments: