Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Money & Finance #58: Banking, Budgeting, and Spending

1) I have used banking on line for a while now and I like it very much. At my bank, Houston Federal Credit Union, I get it free of charge because I have an automatic directly deposited. With banking on line, I can check my account and pay my bill at anytime and anywhere I want. I even can set up a routine bank draft such as an investment or mortgage. I believe the bank has a way to keep us safe and secure. I feel ok with banking on line.

2) I used Mint.com to plan a budget and checked on my credit report for a few years. I even used Mint.com to keep track with my investment, it let me know am I on track with my plan or I need to diversify more. I created an Excel spread sheet for my every day spending or compare month to month utilities. So far everything works fine and I am on top of it. I have checked some of the recommended web site but I get used to with what I do, I understand the concept so it saves me time.

3) I understand we need to save but don’t be too greedy, it make life no fun. As long as I am not going over budget, I am ok. I think if I am willing to work for what i want, I deserve it. I am not in debt and still have extra to give away, a healthy and comfy life style, it’s acceptable.

No comments: