Thursday, May 7, 2009

Money & Finance #59: Credit, Money Management, and Saving

1) After reading "How credit scores work" and taking the quiz ( my score was 90%,) even I already know it's affected everything in life, but it's still surprise how much what is linked to the score. Recently I put a new car loan application at my bank and learn about my score in the low 800/850. I got the best interest rate available. I guess all careful planning and on time paying bill are really paid off.

2) I created an Excel spread sheet to record all daily and monthly expenses. I found it easy to track down how much money in and where does it go. Having my mortgage, emergency, retirement and investment funds automatic draft, it leaves me.... what I have to work with. I don't have any problem with it at all.

3) I am not a county employee so I cannot participate in the TCDRS. Read thru it, I think it's a good plan, it guarantees 7% on return no matter how up or down market is. Very steady! This will make a lot easier when you sit down and plan your retirement.

No comments: