Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Crafts & Hobbies #62: Decoupage

I have done some decoupage projects before. At the Sunday School I used to be a part, we make lanterns for special occasions like August Full Moon Festival or X'mas. I use this technique to separate images I want to show. Another time I put all of the grandchildren pictures into one picture and framed it as a gift for my mother on the Mother Day. I was very pleased with this project but nothing as fancy as they show on Flikr. It's amazing! I like the work they have done on stones, plates, boxes ... (somethings you always have extra lay aroud the house.) Then comes to personal things as key chains, picture frames, pen holders or jewelry as ear rings, pendants ... well, the sky is the limited.

I like Etsy site, it's where you can buy and sell the finished products. It does have a blog too where you can learn and share how to do … things.

Last but not least, HGTV is a very popular TV channel and a website with all great ideas and projects in the world. Believe me, you never run out of things to do, only time and money you will be running out before you know it. Been there and done that.

No comments: